Chocolate and peanut butter by themselves are, inarguably, all sorts of good.* The combination of the two? Damn near perfect. So, why not take some of the latter and stuff it into a cookie made of the former? Done.
These cookies are a little more complicated than your basic drop variety, but not much. It amounts to just another few steps in the process. The extra—and, really, it’s not that much—effort pays off with a ridiculously moist, deeply chocolate treat that’s sure to impress your co-workers or whoever else you decide to give them to rather than locking the door, drawing the shades, and eating them all yourself. Because you would never do that.
*Unless you have an allergy. Sorry you have such a lame immune system and can’t enjoy awesome things.
INGREDIENTS (modified from All Recipes)
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
DIRECTIONS (makes about 20)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to throughly combine confectioner’s sugar and peanut butter.
- Roll peanut butter mixture into 1″ balls and chill in refrigerator.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer set on medium, mix together butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add eggs (one at a time), vanilla, and milk and mix until fully incorporate…you may need to scrape the sites of the bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture (to avoid a cocoa colored plume covering everything within a 2 feet radius) and mix until combined.
- Roll 1.5 tablespoon ball of cookie dough and flatten (like, really flatten) in the palm of your hand. Place peanut butter ball in the middle, wrap the dough around it, and roll yet another ball.
- Place 12 on cookie sheet and give each ball a liberal smoosh with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit on baking sheet for 1 – 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Finish watching the new season of Daredevil on Netflix.